POWER incorporates the latest 3-D or Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR) scanning into our engineering and design. LIDAR produces an accurate geometric model, in the form of a point cloud, from an existing site or plant.
This powerful model can be used in multiple design situations before, during and after engineering activities. The point cloud saves clients time and money by limiting manual measurements and costly repeat site visits.
- Site/Plant Verification. In the absence of, or in comparison to, existing drawings of a site or plant, the point cloud obtains or verifies dimensional information for equipment, structures, piping or field aspects.
- Conditional Dimensions. Scans taken during different conditions (e.g. hot/cold, active/inactive, load/no load) are used to create an accurate side-by-side geometric comparison of pipe, ducting, structural members or equipment.
- Before/After Illustrations. The point cloud can create an accurate and realistic comparison model of a project before construction and after the project is complete. It can also illustrate multiple options/iterations.
- As-built/As-constructed Documentation. The point cloud of a completed can assist with the creation or modification of as-built documentation.
- Safety. Objects and features at dangerous heights or difficult-to-reach locations can often be measured in a point cloud without endangering field personnel.