High-voltage direct current and FACTS technology are shaping the grid of the future. You need experts who know how to make that future work for you.
POWER Engineers can help you assess the benefits of using HVDC and FACTS technology for your project. Because we have been a key player in developing HVDC systems in the United States, you gain services that lead the industry in meeting the new demands of today’s fast-paced energy market.
Expertise for Your Success
Our team has decades of experience in HVDC technology and extra-high voltage transmission. Our experts can support the studies and apply engineered solutions needed to make your project a success.
With POWER, you know you have someone you can call to get answers to the tough technical questions. We can help you manage all aspects of conceptual design and detailed site planning, as well as developing technical specifications and requests for proposals to get the HVDC performance you require.
You also can call on POWER for support in evaluating proposals and in procurement. We can provide owner’s engineer services for detailed design and technical review of an HVDC project. Our experts can support factory testing for the control and protection system, commissioning for HVDC terminals and back-to-back converter stations.
Achieve Your Goals
POWER’s experts can help you make the most of Flexible AC Transmission Systems such as SVCs, STATCOMs and Thyristor-Controlled Series Capacitors. We can help you apply this equipment to achieve your operational goals and needs for stability.
You also gain a trusted partner who can help you work with other utilities and regulators where HVDC connects with AC systems.
HVDC and FACTS Services
- HVDC converter stations and HVAC and HVDC filter yard designs
- Classic thyristor and voltage source conversion HVDC systems
- HV and EHV DC transmission designs for overhead, underground and submarine applications
- Retrofit, expansion and greenfield
- Environmental analyses and permitting for project approvals
- System studies to improve reliability, performance and efficiency
- System planning for future needs, routing and permitting
- HV and EHV substation and switching station designs
- FACTS projects of every configuration commercially available